Donor Egg Program Financial Information
The chart below lists the current prices for the Charlottesville, VA Donor Egg program. While we make every attempt to keep our web site current, prices are subject to change without notice. If you have questions about our donor egg program, please call.
PACKAGE PRICE FOR EGG DONATION (Prices subject to change)
|EGG DONATION CYCLE
Reproductive Tech Lab fee
|$17,350 to be paid to RMSCVA
|DONOR MEDICATIONS||$2,000 - $4,000 (varies)|
|RECIPIENT MEDICATIONS||$600 - $800|
|EMBRYO FREEZING (initial)
ADDITIONAL embryo freezing (for that cycle)
|$470 (if remaining embryos to freeze)
$225 (if remaining embryos to freeze)
|EMBRYO STORAGE (per quarter/per year; quarterly/annual option will be given after initial quarterly storage expires)||$150/$470 (if remaining embryos to freeze)|
|ICSI (sperm injection)||$1,750|
|EGG DONOR INSURANCE||$195|
The physician fees to RMSCVA include:
- All office visits, ultrasound monitoring & estradiol blood testing during stimulation
- Donor screening (genetic evaluation, infectious disease testing, psychological evaluation/counseling session)
- Donor compensation of $4,000
- Physician portion of Egg Retrieval and Embryo Transfer
*For cancelled cycles there is a reimbursement fee to be paid to the donor for each ultrasound and blood work as well as fees related to the monitoring of the donor and recipient.
**Due to significant time, effort and expense involved in donor matching there is a $1,000 non-refundable administrative fee associated. If you wish to continue with donor egg IVF after being matched (with a mutually agreed upon donor) this fee will be applied toward your donor egg package. However, if you decide to withdraw after being matched with a donor this fee is not refunded.
***In the rare circumstance that a donor has an egg retrieval and no eggs are obtained, the donor is still compensated the full fee. Payment of the fee is the responsibility of the intended egg recipient. If you elect to undergo a new donor cycle, the amount due for the new cycle would be another $4000 for the compensation to the donor. Other fees may be required for the new cycle.
****A separate check for donor insurance in the amount of $245, made out to New Life Agency, is required prior to the donor starting medications. This will be required for every egg donor cycle.
The Reproductive Technology Lab fee includes Embryologist and Andrologist services.
*In the rare instance that albumin is needed during an egg retrieval, the cost of the medication plus the infusion is typically $260 and is billed the by the lab.
- Prepayment (we accept cash, check, Visa, Master Card, or Discover)
- RMSCVA Payment plan (details below)
- We accept most major insurance plans that cover IVF
- Talk with the Practice Manager regarding other outside payment options
The fee for a donor egg IVF cycle must be paid before treatment can be scheduled. The package above is a discounted price for patients who prepay the entire fee before treatment. We offer a payment plan that is administered internally and not outsourced to a bank or credit card institution and therefore is less hassle and more affordable to most couples. This involves a down payment followed by monthly payments over one year using a credit card. RMSCVA offers our “IVF Success or Refund Program”.
Certain couples may qualify for free medication through EMD Serono’s Compassionate Care program. This is available to US citizens or permanent residents that qualify based on certain income considerations. For more information and/or application, please call Fertility LifeLines @ 1-866-538-7879.
Jody Halloran is the Practice Manager and can assist with financial questions and planning for IVF. She can be reached at (434)654-8520.
Many of the expenses incurred in this treatment may be tax deductible and information is available in IRS Publication 17 – “Your Federal Income Tax” and IRS Publication 502 “Medical and Dental Expenses”. Certain medical expenses may be deducted if you itemize on Schedule A (Form 1040). Deductions which apply to IVF are:
- Fees for fertility enhancement (procedures such as in vitro fertilization, including temporary storage of eggs and sperm)
- Fees for doctors and surgeons (sonograms, egg retrieval, anesthesia)
- Fees for hospital services, laboratory, surgical, obstetrical, nursing and x-ray services (blood tests, sperm evaluation)
- Cost of transportation for needed medical care (air fare, mileage -22 cents/mile for 2006- or out of pocket expenses –cost of gas, oil- not including general maintenance expenses)
- Medical and hospital insurance premiums
- Prescribed medicine (all IVF drugs)
- Lodging necessary for medical treatment ($50/night per person – limited to two people – the person receiving treatment and a companion)